Friday, October 15, 2010

Mushroom Marsala with Artichoke Hearts

This is going to buh-low yo' mind!

Holy moly. So, we needed a good Meatless Monday meal and I felt like it was time to boldly go somewhere we hadn't been before. I thought this sounded good and Mr. Mallard has become brave enough that he didn't even bat an eye when I suggested it, but I had no idea it was going to leave us speechless. I'm talkin' eyes closed, slow chewing, world vanishes good. Clap your hands, pat yourself on the back, and high-five the baby good. Do a little dance, eat more than you should, and smirk because you know the neighbors couldn't possibly be as pleased with their dinner good.

I found the recipe at Smitten Kitchen and, since she's already posted it, I'll just give you a fancy little link: click! It took less than 30 minutes to prepare (bonus!) and even the Biggest Girl scarfed it down.

I made three tiny changes:
1. I halved the recipe and had four hearty servings. Leftovers were equally earthmoving.
2. Went for Sweet Marsala, rather than Dry. Whatever you do, don't get Cooking Marsala. It's not even Marsala and will only make you sad.
3. If I could remember the type of pasta I used, I would tell you. Next time I go to the Co-op, I'll try to remember to check the bulk bin for a name. It was a smooth elbow that worked so well with the meaty texture of the mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
4. I used canned artichoke hearts because that's what I had. Not marinated. Just canned.

So, there you go. It's not as earthy or as sweet as you think. It's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails