Monday, May 17, 2010

ADHD and pesticides


I'm a stickler about getting my hands on as much local and/or organic produce as I can and I'm feeling like a champ for being so stubborn: there's persuasive evidence that exposure to organophosphates--pesticides that attack the nervous systems of bugs--can contribute to the development of ADHD in children. The full text of the report is here: click

It's frightening to think that we just blindly trust the food that's on the shelves of our supermarkets. More and more, it's getting tougher for me to do so, especially when the most amazing person I've ever met (that's the Biggest Girl) is the one that could suffer the consequences the most. So, just like that, our days of conventionally grown produce have ended. It might be a little more work, but we'll be the ones at the Farmer's Market (and our local farms), eating what's in season and asking questions about exactly what went into our food.

People with pets should take a look at any flea products they use--they can contain organophosphates that can poison both kids and animals.

Oh, and viva la revolucion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails