Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ikea Hack Bookshelves

The books. We have so many stinkin' books. Big books, little books, daytime books, bedtime books, books we've read a thousand times and books that are queued up for the days that lie ahead. In the meantime, I've been losing my mind just a little, trying to find a way to store all these books in a neat and orderly fashion. 

Problem area: Biggest Girl's room. This corner by the rocking chair was just sad. At only 22", the little wall just wasn't big enough for a bookshelf. 

No es bueno. 

 That's more like it!

 Two Ikea spice racks--painted in a shade called Totally Cool--make the most awesome bedtime book bookshelf ever. 

Pretty great, eh?

Seal of approval.

I wish I could claim the idea as my own, but the inspiration came from a post on Ohdeedoh. I do love these little shelves, though, and I keep looking around the house to find more places to put them to use. I'm not only thrilled the books are off the floor, but also impressed we managed to accomplish the task without adding another piece of furniture to our lives. woohoo! 

Total cost: About $13 for the shelves and the sample quart of paint. This total does not include the gas it took to get to Ikea or the piles of hot wings it took to soothe our battered souls after navigating Ikea. At noon. On a Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails