Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Still summering away here...

Chocolate Stout Birthday Cake for me this year.
It was delicious.
Rather than retype the recipe, I'll just give you a handy link: click.
My only tweak was using half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat pastry flour. It was a delectable treat and completely justified the purchase of the Bundt pan.

Meanwhile...
...the goshdarn Allium finally bloomed!

Totally my new favorite flower


They're tall, but remarkably sturdy. We've decided we're going to double up and plant another batch of bulbs this fall. I can't get over how these little puffballs just brighten my day.

Raised Beds: Plan A has completely eaten it, so we're takin' it to the containers.
Brandywine tomato is a-thrivin'.

Romas are well on their way.

San Marzanos are slackers!
But we love you and we think you're pretty, so won't you please just grow so we can eat you?!

aka Lady bug, lady bug, don't fly anywhere! You're home! Just chill. Have a snack. The kids are fine.

Next up: Gluten-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Raised Beds: Plan B, and some of the greatest Coleslaw and Pulled Pork I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails