Thursday, June 17, 2010

Turmoil is the new calm

Waiting for the allium to bloom is torture.
Must. Not. Yell. At. Flowers.
Seriously.
Just bloom already!

My urge is to unleash an obscenity-laced rant about just how busy life has been lately. It's completely ridiculous. And so very amazing. As we head into the last couple days of our assault on the lawn, I am so impressed by all we have accomplished. I am also impressed by how well I have done in the Neglecting Housework department. It's not intentional--more a by-product of complete physical exhaustion and lack of time. So, the breakfast bar is piled with who knows what...mail? toys? I don't know. The laundry room is experiencing a first: a heap of towels just sitting on the floor. The were waiting to be washed, but were usurped by a pail of diapers. Two days ago. There is no menu posted on the fridge. The inside of my car looks like a hobo camp.

This is revolutionary stuff. The me of days gone by would have lost her ever-loving mind and, in a rage of spit and fury, stayed up until the wee hours of the night to get everything back in order. I have discovered, though, there are more important things than order. Shocking, isn't it? For me, it's the complete subversion of a lifetime of an anxious, involuntary need to accomplish neatness.

I don't think I could get used to it, but I understand how it's happening. When we're done with the yard, we'll veer toward the garage. When we're done with the garage, we step inside. When we've re-established control over the interior, we'll look outside and realize it's time to start all over again. Our work will never be done. I get it now. And I like it.

So, while we're outside turning a feral plot into a breathtaking work of art, maybe you can take a look at these:

Bacon Today "Daily Updates on the World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon" How did I not know about this earlier?

GOOP It's Gwyneth Paltrow's thing and it's kinda cool.

ReadyMade "Instructions for Everyday Life" and a great place for inspiration.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must leave you and continue with the conquering of the world. Do have a lovely day, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails