Thursday, January 15, 2009

Work it

Being a parent is one of the most physical jobs out there. I won't say it's the most physical, but it does have the longest hours. Regardless of where you are in your pregnancy, it's time to start doing squats. First, they'll help you get ready to push. After that, they'll make your transition into parenthood much less back breaking. Do the half squats like you're sitting in a chair during commercials. I don't recommend doing them while you're on the phone. You're welcome to try, though. I found it difficult to concentrate on the conversation while I was humming "Eye of the Tiger".

Another great move is one I refer to as Fraidy Cat/Lazy Ass. I know it's got a fancy yoga name, but I can never remember what it's called. You get on all fours and then pull your bellybutton toward your spine while pulling your chin to your chest and rounding your back. Then you relax your back, pull your chin up and let your belly sag toward the ground while your back arches. I hope that makes sense. If it does and you know that move, you should begin doing it immediately. You'll be glad you did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails