Saturday, November 1, 2008

In the beginning...

Before I got married and had a baby, I was fickle. My life was a whiskey-drenched blur of handstands and classrooms. I moved to and fro on a whim, giving little thought to the idea of "settling down". It was, as far as I could tell, simply not a part of the path my life would take. I was a one-woman Army and I was going to move to Vermont next, having scrapped my plan to go to grad school in Kentucky. I was responsible for only myself and I was doing just fine on my own, thankyouverymuch. 

Predictably, that's when everything changed. In the blink of an eye, I found myself married. In the next blink, I was pregnant. Completely sober for the first time in a decade or two, I found myself submerged in a world I previously had only peeked into from a comfortable distance. Quitting work and starting my life as a stay-at-home mom, I realized there was so much more to this than I ever could have imagined. There is no "learning curve" here, but a steep cliff, instead, as time begins to fly and every day is a new lesson (or ten). With no homework and no job, my brain began to go nuts for an outlet. 

Enter the blog...

My goal here is to share what I have learned about being a mom, keeping house (quite literally a hobby for me), and trying to retain some shred of the former shenanigans that made me who I am. I've been baking and cooking like crazy lately, so I'll throw in the recipes that work, along with some ranting from time to time about whatever it is that inspires me to rant. I think my life is pretty great and, hopefully, the things I've learned will make your life easier, tastier, and more fun. 

...and that's all for now.
[Curtsy and exit stage right]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails